My story was started in various fields. When I was in college, 2009, I worked as an internship in South Korea’s NGO which is concerned for the child rights, in terms of education and health. We operates our project in several places in Indonesia to make—what Michael Jackson’s said—better world. I’ve heard what all my friends always mentioned about our project. That is “community development.”
In the coming days, @bangian, a friend of mine, called and said, “We’re going to make a magazine, you’re our Chief Editor.” I’m not sure why I should said “Yes” to him. I really didn’t know what Chief Editor is, how it works—in fact, @bangian just read some of my content’s blog, and still, I didn’t even get more ideas about that. The only word that make me sure to take the position is what @bangian finally said to me, “We learn together, learning by doing.” Two month after our marathon meetings, the first printed of our magazine was released. We’ve been running the magazine for two years, and got, at least 20 clients for advertisment or partnership. @bangian decided to stop our magazine in the end of December 2011. We bangkrupt.
I graduated from Sociology, State University of Jakarta, in September 2011, two month before @bangian’s decision to stop our magazine. After the magazine, I interested in consultancy, and applied for vacancies. It just three months and I decided to make more involvement in writing, to feel more happy in wordpress and blogging. Now, I just want to be a writer.
My story, here they are;
August 2009 – January 2011: Good Neighbors Indonesia (www.gnindonesia.org)
Good Neighbors Indonesia is Non-Govermantal Organisation (NGO) that effort children empowerment through education. The organisation has community development programme (CDP) in many country, including Indonesia.
Position: Internship Staff
- Internship Program as a helper in Ministry Operation Department of Good Neighbors Indonesia
- Surveyor and Data Entry in Rawabadak Selatan-Community Development Programme (CDP)’s Baseline Survey
- Editor in Good Neighbors Indonesia’s Newsletter
- Writing and editing content
- Designing lay out
- Study Group Program Coordinator
- Teaching Mathemathic, Bahasa Indonesia, and Social Science for Junior High School Student in Rawabadak Selatan CDP
- As Lecture in Global Citizenship Education, SDN 01 Kelapa Gading
September 2009 – December 2011 : Glow Up Magazine
Glow Up Magazine is printed-online media that provide human interest perspective for young people, in terms of creativity, education, entertainment and lifestyle.
Position : Editor in Chief
I have been conducted supervision on whole process of media content production, in terms of updated articles and issues (e.g. content planning of each edition, managing the deadline of ready published content, and editorial supervision):
- Overseeing the news sources that will be covered by journalists
- Proofreads all copy before they are uploaded to the web or printed
- Crosschecking keywords in terms of Search Engine Optimazions (SEO) system
- Supervising the web published-content on social media
- Discuss about any update information that collected by managing editor
- Establish an intensive communication with staff; sugggesting tactical policies on the reporting activity
- Contributes constructive and helpful criticism to tear-up each week
- Prepares agenda for staff meeting
- Organizational evaluation; revises and updates job descriptions (Managing Editor, Writer, Photographer, Graphic Designer, Account Executive, dan Community Relation) and Glow Up Magazine (glowupmagazine.com) Guidelines when necessary
November – Februari 2011: PT Lenggogeni (www.lenggogeni.com)
PT. Primadona Permai is planning, engineering, and associated technical sub sector consultancy company.
Position: Research Asisstant
Project Involvement: Master Plan of Museum Bahari
Museum Bahari’s project involved researcher in various discipline (e.g. the architecs, archeologist, museologist, and anthropologist). This project include the relocation of community residents in KampungLuarBatang where I was asked to conduct field-visit and work closely wih Senior Researcher (Antropologist, Museologist, and Archeologist) to talk to the members of community and museum about their wish towards the plan. My responsibilities are include:
- Assisting Senior Researcher to conduct survey; observation, interview, and FGD
- Writing Anthropology’s Report
- Assisting Senior Researcher’s presentation; document selection and writing for Power Point materials.
- Assisting Senior Researcher as a reports Proofreader.
November 2011 – Maret 2012 : PT ARA Indonesia (www.araindonesia.com)
PT ARA Indonesia is psychology and human resources consultancy company. PT ARA Indonesia works to provide assessment center;competency mapping, human resources training, andbuilding work process standard
Position: Research Assistant
- Conducting interviews in every human resources competency assessment activities.
- Assisting assessor (psychologist) to prepare video documentary during assessment activities.
- Writing interview reports
- Assisting Project Director as assessment report Analyst and Proofreader
- Assisting Project Director in tender process; writing proposal and collecting administration materials
- Penyusunan Kamus Kompetensi Kementerian Agama RI
- Assessment Kompetensi Pejabat Eselon II, III, IV KementerianKeuangan
- Assessment Kompetensi Pejabat Eselon II dan III Lembaga Ketahanan Nasional
- Evaluasi Penerapan Budaya Kerja Cerdas, Ulet, dan Kemitraan Badan Kependudukan dan Keluarga Berencana Nasional (BKKBN)
- Assessment Kompetensi Pejabat Eselon II dan III Pusat Psikologi Angkatan Udara Republik Indonesia (AURI)
- Pelatihan Strategi Mengelola Mitra Kerja Badan Penelitian dan Pengembangan BKKBN
I developed wordpress-based website for Laboratory of Sociology in State University of Jakarta (www.labsosiologiunj.org)
Young Community Website, www.tellindonesia.com
And have been written a novel during April-Juli 2012 about young peoples who want to catch their dream; build own their bussiness. The title is “Tak Ada Jalan Kembali” (There is No Way Back). The preview has been downloaded by hundred of people (178 downloads, 31 Juli 2012).